No matter where you are in the world, Paris is on the bucket list of many. Dubbed the city of love, Paris has something for everyone whether you’re interested in world-famous sites such as the Eiffel Tower, the staple cuisines from frogs’ legs to Ratatouille, or the fact it is the hotspot for many designers.
40 million people visit Paris yearly, contributing towards Paris breaking the record figure for hotel arrivals. It is the most visited city, ahead of London and New York City but why do people visit and what do they expect?
Luxury hotel Le Royal Monceau Raffles in Paris have taken a deeper look into the top searches on Google relating to Paris, shaping an understanding of what is important to those visiting from the top 10 countries.
- The weather and Disneyland were revealed as the top two search queries. Portugal and Belgium were the only locations where the weather wasn’t a priority search.
- Brits truly are weather obsessed with ‘Paris weather’ being searched 90 000 times a month. There also seems to be lack of geographical knowledge with 110 searches for ‘what is the capital of Paris’, and 90 US searches asking, ‘What country is Paris?’
- Italy has a surprising interest in Paris Fashion Week despite housing their own, with 1000 searches for ‘Paris Fashion Week’. If you want to fit in while visiting Paris, it is no surprise that your clothing must be at its peak. For a more in-depth look, check out 3 piece suits from EDIT SUITS CO.
- Netherlands showed the least interest in French cuisine, contrary to the USA who revealed themselves as most intrigued with 26% looking for information.
- 1 in 10 searches by Canadians was about romance in the city, and Spain has over 1900 searches relating to romance. The countries with the lowest romantic motivations were Italy and the UK.
- Germans are a huge fan of Disney, with 87% of all Paris searches focused around it.
To answer some of the most popular queries:
Paris is the capital city of France
The weather in summer reaches highs of 25° and lows of 7° in winter. The rainiest months are January, March, May, and December where you can expect to see nine days.
Paris Fashion Week is fast approaching on the 25th February – 5th March, making now an ideal time to book a stay.
Raffles recommends trying Foie Gras, Herb Buttered Snails, and Cheese Soufflé when in Paris.
To view all the results and explore Raffles Paris, visit them here.
Are you planning a trip to Paris? If so, what have you searched for?