Everyone loves good ice cream, right? And what’s better than enjoying a sweet treat on a hot day? Well, if you’re looking for the best ice cream in London, you should check out these places. From old-fashioned ice cream parlours to trendy and unique shops, read on to find the perfect spot for your sweet tooth.
Where to find the best ice cream in London can be a difficult decision. With so many great options, it can be hard to decide where to go. However, by reading this article, you will be able to find the best ice cream in London for your taste. From old-fashioned ice cream parlours to trendy and unique shops, read on to find the perfect spot for your sweet tooth.
Table of Contents
The Best Types of Ice Cream
There are a variety of different types of ice cream available in London, so it’s important to know what type you prefer before picking a shop. For classic ice cream, try Scoop or Ben and Jerry’s. For more adventurous eaters, head to Milk & Honey for innovative flavours like cardamom panna cotta with figs and pistachios or smoked bacon ice cream with candied beetroot. Alternatively, if you’re looking for something healthy and refreshing, try Halo Top for dairy-free creations like mango coconut milk sorbet or chia seed vanilla bean ice cream.
How to Choose the Right Ice Cream for You
If you’re looking for a delicious treat, you’ll want to head to one of London’s many ice cream shops. Here, you can find all sorts of flavours and styles of ice cream, from traditional to unique.
To pick the right ice cream for you, consider your allergies and dietary restrictions. Some shops only serve specific types of ice cream, like vegan or gluten-free. And some shops offer rotating flavours so that you can always try something new. Finally, think about how sweet or tart you want your ice cream. Some stores have varieties that are both sweet and tart, while others are more focused on one flavour profile over the other.
The Health Benefits of Ice Cream
There are several reasons why ice cream is considered a healthy food. Firstly, it is high in fibre and sugar, which can help to keep you full and satisfied for longer periods. Secondly, the dairy ingredients in ice cream help to promote healthy skin and hair, as well as aid in digestion.
Finally, ice cream also contains antioxidants and other nutrients that have been shown to have beneficial effects on your health overall. Research has shown that ice cream can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, as well as support a healthy weight loss plan.
Top 5 Ice Cream Spots in London
- Ben and Jerry’s – This cult favourite has outlets all around London, but the flagship store on Charing Cross Road is always a popular spot for ice cream lovers.
- Gelato Messina – This Italian gelateria is iconic and known for its fresh and flavorful ice cream. It has several locations in London, including one on Oxford Street.
- Dairy Queen – Another U.S.-based chain with numerous outlets in London, including a few near Big Ben. The scoops here are big and the ice cream flavours are amazing.
- Mr. Whippy – If you’re looking for something classic and nostalgic, head to Mr. Whippy for a classic soft-serve cone filled with your choice of flavour sherbet or soft-serve ice cream. They have multiple locations throughout central London and are a must-visit if you’re a fan of ice cream!
- Mister Freeze – This crazy cool little store on Brick Lane is home to some of the most inventive flavours of ice cream in London – try their salted caramel swirl or beetroot chocolate chip!
The Different Types of Ice Cream
There are a variety of different types of ice cream in London, each with its unique taste and texture. Here are four of the most popular types:
- Vanilla ice cream: This classic flavour is often enjoyed as part of a cone or sundae and is made with high-quality cream and sugar.
- Chocolate ice cream: This rich treat is usually made with cocoa powder, sugar, and milk, and can be served cold or hot.
- Strawberry ice cream: This refreshing flavour is typically made with fresh strawberries, sugar, and milk. It can be served cold or at room temperature.
- Green tea ice cream: This type is made with green tea leaves and loose tea powder to give it a refreshing flavour. It’s also often blended with other ingredients for added complexity (such as almonds).
What to Eat with Ice Cream
Ice cream is a great way to cool down on a hot day, and there are many places in London to get your fix. Here are some of our favourite spots:
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: This Italian restaurant has an extensive menu of pasta dishes, but we love their ice cream. It’s traditional Italian ice cream with lots of flavours, so it’s perfect for any taste bud.
- Ben & Jerry’s: This famous ice cream chain has several locations in London, and they all have delicious ice creams. Our favourite is the soft serve with fudge and peanut butter cups, but there are plenty of other variations to choose from too.
- Gelato Messina: This Italian gelateria has a wide variety of ice creams, from classic flavours like chocolate and vanilla to more unique choices like olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Plus, their cones are huge so you can indulge guilt-free!
- Scoop: This new gelateria in Shoreditch has quickly become one of our favourites for its unique flavours and funky decor. They have a wide range of ice creams including classics like strawberry and chocolate as well as some unusual choices like durian sorbet.
London is known for many things, but its ice cream scene is one of the most popular. From world-famous chain stores to independently-owned shops, there’s something for everyone when it comes to scooping up a cone or tub of frozen goodness. Whether you’re in the mood for something classic like vanilla or want to try something new and refreshing like mango sorbet, London has got you covered. So where should you start your search? We’ve put together a list of some of our favourites so that you can get the best ice cream in London without any trouble.