In most of the families, the kitchen is the place to eat, spend time together and bond with one another. It is important that the kitchen is big and spacious for comfort. If you have a small home, then the kitchen must make the optimal use of space. There are constraints of having a small kitchen as not all ideas and architectural designs go well in small kitchens. But at the same time, the cost of renovating a small kitchen is less which makes it an attractive idea.
Small kitchen renovations are the way in which you can give your small kitchen a complete makeover. The cost of renovation depends on the kind of additions and up gradations you want to make. Sometimes, few small changes can make it look good and also be a pocket-friendly option for renovations.
Quick Tips to Effective Small Kitchen Renovations
1. A three sectional approach can make space: There must three most important functional areas in the kitchen and these are food preparation, food storage and clean up. This is quite common to almost every household.Creating space for them will give these areas an organized and planned look.
2. Make a basic sketch if you are renovating totally: If you are planning a complete kitchen or home renovation then putting your ideas on paper is perhaps a good point to start the work. When you are renovating a small kitchen, you have to keep in mind a few factors. Think about the design of the kitchen as you visualize in your mind and then draw on the sheet of paper. Do not worry about the quality of your sketches as these rough drawings can help you immensely irrespective of your drawing skills.Your rough sketch about small kitchen renovations will help the renovator develop their plan and make cost estimations from it.
3. Change the paint color and the floor style if you want: When it comes to renovation of any space the color of the floor and the wall have a significant impact on the overall look and feel it creates. Floor and wall will change the appearance of the space totally if the colors are chosen wisely. There are different kinds of flooring styles available these days in different colors, patterns, and designs. Change the kitchen flooring and make it either vinyl flooring or laminate flooring. If the kitchen is quite small, just use light shade on the walls. This will create an illusion of space in the kitchen.
4. Look for sleek and minimal appliances: It is better not to choose very large appliances when the kitchen is not so large. It is better to start the kitchen with minimal and sleek appliances and gadgets and then gradually as you head on in life you can acquire bigger ones. The main trick of good small kitchen renovation is that every appliance must have its very own space where it is stored.
5. Increase the storage space in the kitchen: In smaller kitchens, lack of space is the common scenario which everyone seems to be complaining off. Even in small kitchens, the importance of storage spaces cannot be denied. Renovate your kitchen in such a way that it adds more space to the kitchen. Kitchen appliances like juice maker and coffee maker for an example are usually not used on a regular basis. So, make sure to store them in a storage which is distant. Storage allocation in small kitchens is usually done as per the priority items.
6. Make your kitchen clutter free regularly: Cleaning and removing unnecessary items from the kitchen is important. And this is not a onetime affair. Keeping clutters away is a regular job. A clean kitchen looks bigger than a cluttered and messy one.
Sometimes, small kitchen renovation is all about making smart changes. Hence spend more time to plan this work before acting on it. You can simply boost the appeal of your kitchen by making small changes like changing the paint color, changing the layout or the countertop etc. Getting professional help is always a good idea which will help you plan the renovation effectively.