The majestic city of Manchester is both classic and modern at the same – it’s like bringing together the old and new in only one phase. So, if you’re set to travel to this magnificent city in England, I just want to tell you that you’ve made the right choice.
Now, in this article, you’ll read such tips and tricks to make your visit more worth the while and easier. It’s because time is truly gold and time shouldn’t be wasted especially when you’re visiting a place full of wonders, art, and classic beauty. So, continue reading and don’t leave the page.
One of the crazy little details from going around the world that excites travelers like you is the place to stay. Am I right? (Well, of course, I am). When traveling to the vibrant place of Manchester, you wouldn’t be upset because you have a variety of accommodations to choose from – there are boutique hotels, luxurious hotels, and mid-range ones.
Here’s the list of some of the best hotels you could choose from in Manchester:
- The Principal Manchester
- Hotel Gotham
- City Suites
- Crowne Plaza – Manchester – Oxford Road
- Manchester Salford Quays
- The Lowry Hotel
- Holiday Inn Manchester – City Centre
- Yha Manchester (marked for Best Value)
- Trafford Hall Hotel (marked for Best Value)
- Atana Apartments (marked for Best Value)
Just a tip, since Manchurians are known to sincerely love football, expect that hotel rates will rise subject on how close they are to the particular stadium or venue of the event. This amazing tip will surely make you save more time and effort when choosing a hotel or any accommodation of your choice. This depends of course if you’ll be visiting Manchester at the same time that the event would take place.
As you get there or maybe as you’re planning to get there, there’s a little sneaky question that must be bothering you, “How about the transportation process? How can I roam around the place?” Well, this is something not to worry about.
There are available public transportation which you can try in Manchester like Metrolink tram service and regular, local buses. But if you want more privacy or you’re in a little hurry to a place you’re off to, taxi cabs are offered in the city just like in other European cities. However, if you’re traveling with your squad, family, or with your company, don’t panic because there are available coach hire in Manchester that will surely give you a comfortable and awesome ride.
Now, we’re down to another favorite when it comes to traveling – places to go and foods to eat when your tummy roars. Again, Manchester isn’t going to disappoint you because it can also deliver you excellent food of your choice – it doesn’t only please the eyes, you know.
Here is the list of the foods you should give a try and where to find it!
- Calabrese of Rudy’s Pizza
- Banana leaf fish of Nasi Lemak
- Waffles together with scrambled egg, bacon, blueberries, and maple syrup of Home Sweet Home
- Pineapple fried rice of Try Thai
- Cochinillo of Lunya
- Temaki seaweed rolls together with salmon and robata beef of Australasia
- Pitmaster meat stack burger of Smokehouse
- Samosa chaat of Scene Indian Street Kitchen
- Lula Puebla of Moose Coffee
- Steamed ox tripe with ginger and spring onions of Yang Sing
- Sunday roast of Marble Arch
- English breakfast of Albert Square Chop House
So, have you decided what food to eat and restaurant to choose first?
So, if you’re having a hard time to decide where to go first as you step into the magnificent city, why not try to witness the beauty of these places?
- Old Trafford
- Etihad Stadium
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Manchester Town Hall
- Manchester Cathedral
- National Football Museum
- Manchester Art Gallery
- John Rylands Library
- Albert Square
Take a note of this one, Manchester is filled with many tourist attractions and above are only 10 of them. You’ll never know the beauty and mystery of the place unless you see it with your own eyes and step into it with your own feet – so keep exploring and never stop discovering.
Things to do and Try
If you get a little tired and homesick, don’t get stuck in your hotel room – the four corners of your room can’t do anything to boost your mood. Hence, why not try these fun and easy things to do and try while enjoying your Manchester tour?
Find out what you can do on the list below:
- Walk yourself around the beautiful city, take the opportunity to capture some photos. The most interesting thing you might hear is that the main areas of the city have available and accessible Wi-Fi.
- Visit Salford Lads Clubs for some music – especially if you adore and a fan of The Smiths and Morrissey.
- Try watching a football game the Manchurian way. You’ll surely enjoy seeing how they love sport!
- Want to go shopping? Well, The Northern Quarter got your back. It has independent shops and you’ll find the perfect treat for your loved ones back at home.
You’ve now reached the end of the article and should I say that you’re almost 100% ready to take a flight to Manchester? Hmmm, that if only you’d start packing your stuff up and get yourself out on your door. So, don’t forget to tell us about your Manchester travel, okay?
Kath Ramirez is a journalism graduate who aims to turn her dreams into her passion. Her love for writing started when she was seven years old, reading illustrated books. Writing articles, reading books, and dancing is her passion and she breathes into life with these. Kath is also engaged in exploring different places to stay for vacation or Holidays and a food addict but health conscious. She now writes for BelleVue Coach Hire Manchester, an award-winning business that’s quality branded in Manchester.